What are Parabens?
They are used as a preservative and stop growth of bacteria.
- In the 1990’s parabens were deemed xenoestrogens. They mimic estrogen in the body.
- Linked to cancer, most commonly breast cancer in males and females
- Linked to declining sperm count
- Easily absorbed through your skin
- Parabens can be detected in blood and urine samples a few hours after being applied to the skin
- About 85% of cosmetics contain parabens
- Click on the buttons below for links to specific references and more information on parabens
created in canada, poured by hand.
Each bottle is hand made without the use of parabens or phthalates. We are proud to say our product is handcrafted and cruelty free.
What are Phthalates?
Mainly used as a plasticizer, researchers have linked phthalates to:
- Breast cancer
- Altered reproductive development
- Interfere with hormone levels
- Birth defects
- Can be absorbed through the skin and into the bloodstream
- Phthalates contaminate our water
- Bad for the environment
- Click on the buttons below for links to specific references and more information on phthalates